Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reno to Herhsey, Day 2: Rest day

We were exhausted. After driving back from Vegas, we stayed up Tuesday and Wednesday night to pack boxes. Thursday was a whirlwind from breaking up fights, dealing with Reno police (story to come, I promise!), organizing what items were to be whisked away by the movers, what was to be donated to Goodwill, and what was to be packed with us for our drive. Friday was spent packing up our car, cleaning the apartment for the walk-through, and driving into the night to get to SLC. We needed a break, so we took one in SLC!

Good eats:
-Original Pancake House. Two words: Dutch baby. No, I'm not going Hannibal Lecter on anyone. Google it. It is sooo delicious.
-Carlucci's. Yummy chicken salad sammy for Mike.
-Caputo's. I could spend all day in here. It's a gourmet food shop. We tasted artisan chocolates, Spanish and Cretan olive oils, and perused the incredible selection there!
-Red Iguana. The hourlong wait in the rain was worth it. The first taste of Mole Negro (moh-lay) I've ever had, and I am sure that following samples will have a hard time living up to this one!
-Gourmandise. I got a giant crème puff that was made to look like a peach. The leaves were made of marzipan (almond paste), yummy!

Yeah, that's all we did all day long... eat and be merry!

No comments:

Post a Comment