Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fortunato Family in NY


Mama and Papa Fortunato, along with still-considered-newlyweds Gina and Levi came to Hershey for a short trip to NYC and LI to visit the Scalia side of the family and to visit the city! We are always so grateful for our family, who live so far away, to come and visit whenever we have a moment to spare.

We drove to NY and visited Grandma and Grandpa Messina, grabbed some White Castle at the Fortunato men's request, and found a diner that served the infamous Roumanian steak that we've been trying to get for the last 2 years for Mama Fortunato. And, of course, a trip to LI is not complete without a visit to Dortoni's Bakery for a couple pounds of Rainbow cookies :)

We went to the city, able to get some fantastic views of the city from Andy's office, ate like royalty at Morton's, and saw Jersusalem on Broadway. The meal at Morton's was phenomenal, and the cajun ribeye was the perfect recommendation from Gina. The salad was delish, crab cakes were yum, and I won't even talk about my molten chocolate cake. My drooling should say it all. Thank you to Levi and Gina for a most delicious meal! We barely made it in time to the show, and I thought the first act was hilarious, and sort of wished it stayed in that mode. But they tried to add some drama in the third act, and there was never a great plot to begin with. But I laughed hard during the first act, and always love seeing Broadway shows since I'm a newbie at this stuff.

En route back to Hershey, we stopped by Hoboken, NJ to see Carlo's Bakery, home of the Cake Boss! We waited 2 hours in a line outside his bakery, but Buddy was nice enough to open the window and wave hello to all of us! We then waited another hour inside his shop, bought some tira misu, red velvet, crumb cake, and the most adorable Elmo and Cookie Monster cupcakes I have ever seen! I gotta say, though, I'd rather have Dortoni's, it is that good! We met a dog that could do the most amazing tricks (and was in no way associated with Carlo's Bakery, his family just wanted to visit!), Norman the Briard, and is apparently quite the famous pup!

We finally returned to Hershey (and had our rental van window shattered by a BB gun, along with another family's SUV! Grrr...), for some major cooking to fill up our freezer and of course, for more rainy/windy days. I sure wish the weather was a little more cooperative, for us and for the Livingstons, who visited NYC on a couple cold and rainy days... not fun! We love and miss all our friends and family, we're hoping to get back to Vegas this fall, so watch out!

Click here or on thumbnails below for more photos:
*Will post thumbnails soon!*

No comments:

Post a Comment