Monday, November 3, 2008

Chicago (Day 4)

Mike and Candice started their day at 3rd Coast Cafe with possibly the yummiest Sunday brunch I've ever had. I was going to get Lox (one of my faves), but Mike suggested getting something I wouldn't typically get. I tried their Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, and was I glad I did. It was sooo delicious! And their coffee was so good, and so addicting!

After brunch, we checked out Levi and Gina's hotel at the fancy shmancy Ritz-Carlton! Very posh, indeed. We did just a bit of shopping at, guess where? H&M, but of course! And then we were on our way to our own self-guided walking tour of downtown Chicago. We walked to Millennium Park with Levi's manager, Brandon, and his wife, Michelle, to check out the bean and the ampitheatre, and then we headed to the Navy Pier. Mike overcame his fear of heights and went on the giant ferris wheel. It was a great view of the city!

Then, after 4 miles of walking, the six of us were starving! We headed to Gino's East for some pizza, which fueled the Chicago pizza debate of "Giordano's vs Gino's East"-- we lean towards Giordano's, but we may need/want/crave another taste of the Chicago deep dish just to make sure.

We would've done more with the group, but instead, Mike and Candice went home and Candice passed out in about 5 minutes from the time her head hit the pillow! We are so boring.











Click here for more pictures from Chi-Town!

No comments:

Post a Comment