Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yes, we did. (aka Chicago Day 6)


We, along with 240,000 others, went to Grant Park to watch President-elect Obama's speech. It's hard to put into words just what was felt that night. The excitement was palpable, the enthusiasm infectious, and the crowd thirsty for inspiration.

Without being too political, I look forward to the changes this country will make in the coming years. It feels like we are turning a corner for the better. We now know without any doubts, that anything is possible in our great country. Take a second to read this letter from a Newsweek letter to her son. It captures the hope we have for our country's future generations.

With my small camera (not my nice one, I didn't want to bring it out, though in retrospect, I should have!), I took photos and videos to capture some of what we experienced. But nothing can describe seeing someone you look up to speaking in front of almost a quarter of a million people, being in a crowd that is that palpably in awe and filled with hope, and celebrating with hundreds of thousands of people on Michigan Ave.

Photos





Click here for more photos of this momentous event and for other pictures from our Chicago trip. The Chicago Tribune has amazing photos of the rally, check those out here!

Videos



Click here for full-sized videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment